The Student News Site of Academy of Holy Angels

The Blue & Gold

The Blue & Gold

The Blue & Gold

Senior Editors' Top 10
April 23, 2024
The basketball teams from Indiana University - Bloomington and University of Nebraska - Lincoln playing each other in the quarterfinal round of the 2024 Big Ten Tournament at Target Center on March 15th. The University of Nebraska - Lincoln won 93 - 66.
Photo of the Week
March 19, 2024

No Taylor Swift Appearance at Chiefs vs. Vikings Game

Image: (Tammy Ljungblad/Kansas City Star/Tribune News Service / Getty Images)

On October 8th, 2023, the Minnesota Vikings football team played the Kansas City Chiefs. Popular singer, Taylor Swift, has been rumored to be dating Kansas City Chiefs’ Travis Kelce. The rumors have caught the internet on fire with images of the two walking together, and Swift attending two of Kelce’s Chiefs games. Swift has always been a massive presence in the music industry, but when she announced her “Eras Tour(s)”, where she would be performing music from all of her albums all over the world, her popularity skyrocketed. Swift has a large media presence, as her fans are constantly updating the other “Swifies” about day to day appearances. Kelce and Swift began their rumored relationship at the start of the fall, when Kelce mentioned the Eras Tour and Swift on his podcast, New Heights. Many Swift fans speculate that there is more than a friendship between the singer and Kelce. Recently, Swift has been spotted at two Kansas City Chiefs football games, so many Minnesota fans hoped that Swift would make an appearance during the October 8th game between the Minnesota Vikings and the Kansas City Chiefs. Many Swift fans in Minnesota bought tickets or went to extreme measures to try and spot Swift, but, unfortunately, there was no Swift appearance. Commentator Jim Nantz said,“In case you’re wondering, seven words I thought would never leave my lips in my career, what are they? Taylor Swift is not at the game” (CBS). Many fans were disappointed at the failed appearance as well as the Vikings loss, Chiefs winning the game with 27 points to the Vikings’ 20.