The Student News Site of Academy of Holy Angels

The Blue & Gold

The Blue & Gold

The Blue & Gold

Senior Editors' Top 10
April 23, 2024
The basketball teams from Indiana University - Bloomington and University of Nebraska - Lincoln playing each other in the quarterfinal round of the 2024 Big Ten Tournament at Target Center on March 15th. The University of Nebraska - Lincoln won 93 - 66.
Photo of the Week
March 19, 2024

AHA Sibling Day: Creating Community

Joe Berg

On December 2, AHA hosted its annual Sibling Day, allowing 7th and 8th-grade siblings and cousins to shadow their family member(s) for the day. 

The visitor is allowed to experience a full day of AHA classes, along with a free lunch from Chef Uriah. Sibling Day is an opportunity for these visitors to meet the staff and decide if AHA is the best fit for them as they start their high school search. Additionally, Sibling Day provides the opportunity for visitors to meet potential future classmates and upperclassmen. A visitor from Faithful Shepherd stated, “It was cool to see and experience what high school was like. I met a lot of fellow 8th graders that also may be coming here next year. The classes felt long, but lunch was super fun. The food is way better than my current middle school. Overall, I think this day is an easy way to get a feel for high school.” 

By navigating the busy hallways, visitors are able to find their way around the school, an experience that can be nerve-racking for incoming freshmen. Some teachers even take it upon themselves to entertain the visitors with books, coloring sheets, and word games. AHA French teacher, Mr. Roche, even offers a French book to the visitors to keep as a memory of the day. 

By allowing younger siblings to come and shadow for the day, AHA displays its loving and welcoming community, demonstrating that future students could succeed at AHA too. This long-lasting tradition continues to be a way for the AHA community to bond and grow, hopefully continuing for many years to come.